Food Blog | Avocado Brownies
Omg! I am actually blown away by how amazing these are! I feel obligated to share with the world my new found appreciation for brownies, because hello! They're made with avocados! No butter, no oil, just pure, unadulterated good fats for the body! And oh-so-chocolately!! *drooooool*
What you need:
- 2 avocados, medium ripe
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, semisweet
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir. Continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- With a mixer, beat together avocados and sugar until creamy. Beat in cooled chocolate. Then one at a time, beat in eggs, followed by vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, and salt until no lumps remain. Slowly add this mixture to the avocado-chocolate mixture and beat until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (It took me about 45 minutes). Cool completely and ENJOY!!
Recipe credit: www.fakeginger.com